The Chechen as the "alternative Russian"
Alexander Prokhanov’s interview with Kadyrov
For example, to a Russian nationalist like myself this "conversation" is an indelible, shameful stain, a genetic mutation, a "full Achtung". A betrayal.
Shamanov – brushstrokes for a portrait
It is quite hard to find any non-swearwords to describe this general. It's too bad that those who appointed him and moved him up the career ladder are surely aware of all these facts.
What do Russians think of Chechens? - Poll
1. What do Russians think of Chechens (your opinion)?
2. What do you personally think of Chechens?
3. What do Chechens think of Russians (your opinion)?
From the replies:
1. Most Russians take an extremely negative view of Chechens. In this a part is played both by Russians’ generally bad attitude towards non-Russian citizens of Russia, especially if they are from the Caucasus, and by the image of Chechens as aggressive and cruel to the point of callousness, people who have no sympathy or compassion for anyone, even women and children, and for whom killing comes as easily as cursing to a Russian.
2. I personally have never had any contact with Chechens, but based on the events of the Chechen wars, the news I’ve heard, including news from abroad, and the stories of a Jewish friend from Grozny, my attitude to Chechens is a negative one. The reasons are the same – their propensity to violence, their extreme cruelty, their incapacity for compassion.
3. I don’t have any direct information, but I think that Chechens also take an extremely negative attitude, viewing Russians as representatives of an occupying nation who aren’t worthy of respect because they are people who don’t share Chechen values: boldness, aggressiveness, pride, an Islamic view of the world, etc.
What do Chechens think of Russians?
Here is another question that’s both very simple and very complex – how are we going to live with the Chechens?
Photographs of Grozny
Pouring rain. The taxi was cheap, maximum fare is 150 rubles. We got a friendly taxi driver, made a quick tour of the situation in the city and the republic. He showed us where to eat, where not to go.
Author: Petr Ivanov
The Chechen as the “alternative Russian"
The Chechen is the alternative Russian. A Russian savage, mountain-dwelling, cruel and merciless – but a Russian not crushed by serfdom and the Bolshevik genocide and slavery. A Russian who “hid in the mountains in time."
Aryan Islam in Russia
"Aryan Islam”, like "Aryan paganism", is really the far right’s open acknowledgment of their “disillusionment” with the Russian people, who have turned out to be “unworthy” of them, have not accepted their radical ideas and not risen in a "national revolution". On the other hand, the far right have an unconcealed sympathy for the Chechen militants, who have “managed to force this government to reckon with them."
The Islamization of Europe or ... ?
Technological progress does not stand still, even in Islamic countries. The more television sets there are there, the more computers with an Internet connection, the less will be the influence of Islam on society.
(Translation by DM)